Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Middle School Is Worse Than Meatloaf

It was the title that first caught my attention. It was pretty catchy right? I'm far from being a middle school student but I only have great and not so great memories from my own experiences. When I opened it, I was surprised. It wasn't like any other ordinary books because instead of regular texts, the story is told through to-do lists, notes, instant messages and report cards! I think I'm gong to love Jennifer Holm more starting from now. She captured the very essence of middle school life.

The main character of the story is Ginny Davis who thinks that the worst thing she will face in middle school is the school meatloaf. Yes. As simple as that. Upon further reading I learned more about her and her family through IMs. I found out she likes ballet and hopes that her mother remarry, her older brother is described as a mess, making his family's life more miserable. This is really a wonderful book that should be read by every middle school student and those who've been through it. They will certainly relate to Ginny's experiences at one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment